Lead Coach, Owner
- Bachelors in Exercise Science from Sacred Heart University
- Certified CrossFit Level 3 Trainer (CF-L3)
- CrossFit Gymnastics Certified Trainer
- CrossFit Scaling Course
- CrossFit Judges Course (2015, ’16, ’17, ’18, ’19)
- Attended Ben Bergeron’s Affiliate Excellence Seminar 2018
- CPR Certified
- Former Lead Coach and Co-Programmer at Dynamis CrossFit, Carlsbad, CA
- Former Head Coach/Programmer at CrossFit Muscle Beach, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
- Former Coach at 7 Mile Strength and Fitness (CrossFit 7 Mile), Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
- Resistance Training Seminar with Charles Poliquin
- Freestyle Connection Seminar with Carl Paoli
- Vanquish Performance Enhancement Olympic Lifting Seminar
- Strength and Conditioning Clinic with Jason Gusic (Westside Barbell)
- Trainer/coach, 13 years of various fitness industry experience
Lead Coach, Owner
Equipped with a bachelors in Exercise Science, I set out on a quest to discover what fitness really meant and how I could bring it to others. In 2007, I was introduced to CrossFit by a mentor of mine. Since then, I have traveled the world and lived abroad, gaining my CrossFit certification as a Level 3 coach and even participating in the Latin American regionals and CrossFit Games in 2012.
Now stateside, along with my amazing wife, Tarrah (an accomplished athlete herself), our two sons, Branson (4 yrs) and Nolen (2 yrs), and ‘man’s best friend’, Tugger (our gym dog), we have fulfilled a common goal: To build a space to teach CrossFit fundamentals, create an environment of community fellowship, and practice healthy living and wellness through mind, body & spirit.
- Former Division 1 collegiate football player: Four time letter winner and 2 year starter on Sacred Heart University’s Division 1 FCS football team
- Games Competitor, Team CrossFit 7 Mile, 2012 Latin American Regional Champions
- Games Competitor, Team CrossFit 7 Mile, 2012 CrossFit Games
- Completed the 2010 Alcatraz Challenge Aquathlon (1.5 mi swim/7 mi run)
- Completed over 10 Sprint/Olympic Triathlons
- Current lululemon brand ambassador
Bachelors Degree in Business Administration – Pepperdine University; 2007
Registered Nurse since 2017
CrossFit Level 2 Certified; July 2021
CrossFit Level 1 Certified
I was introduced to CrossFit through my husband, Zak! When I realized how supportive the CF environment was, I knew this was perfect opportunity to for me to insert my skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Neurosciences – University of Southern California; 2013
- Master’s Degree in Cognitive Neurosciences – University of California, Irvine; 2017
- Doctor of Philosophy in Cognitive Neuroscience – University of California, Irvine; 2019
- CrossFit Level 2 Certified; July 2021
- CrossFit Level 1 Certified; January 2019
- California Certified Emergency Medical Technician
- CPR Certified
2021 CrossFit Open Quarterfinalist
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics; 2008
- California State University, Fullerton
- Dean’s List
- Classes in General and Sports Nutrition, Kinesiology, and Yoga
- CrossFit Level 1 Certifitication
- CPR Certified
- Private Softball Trainer/Coach
I was born in Virginia Beach, VA, moved to Baltimore as a baby, and moved out to sunny SoCal in 1992. I grew up on the softball field. Moving to California meant we could play year round! During my 14 years of fast-pitch softball I traveled to many states, internationally, and hosted tournaments where we played teams from all over the world. After a couple injuries and some time off, it was time to find new ways to exercise.
Around 2010, I starting working out with a trainer who did CrossFit style workouts at her home gym. This allowed me to learn a lot of the movements and terminology before I ever stepped foot into a CrossFit gym. Eager to learn new things and push myself harder, a mutual friend brought me to CFDP for a Saturday partner WOD in 2016. I’ve been a member ever since. After 3.5 years at CFDP, coaching just happened organically for me.
When I’m not sweating alongside all the athletes at CFDP, you can probably find me either on the golf course or the softball field. I play slow pitch softball two nights a week, and I picked up golf about a year ago. I’m looking forward to growing and pushing myself both as an athlete and a coach.
Winner of a dance-off with a stranger in Vegas to “Thriller”
Shot a 95 in golf (I’ve only been playing a year!)
My pre-CrossFit athletic background is predominantly the years I spent doing ballet as a child including a pre-professional program in Jackson MS. In college I dabbled in crew both as a rower and a coxswain. It wasn’t until 2014 that I found CrossFit after years of searching for something that would give me the same fulfillment I had found in ballet as a child. I have spent the years since then focusing on my technique in gymnastic and Olympic lifts as a CrossFit athlete.
After years knowing I wanted to become I coach, I got my CrossFit L-1 certification in the spring of 2019. I coached beginner CrossFit classes at CrossFit NYC from the fall of 2019 until the spring of 2020. In 2021 I jumped at the opportunity to coach at my home gym in Dana Point. My focus as a coach is to provide a challenging workout and the know how to do it safely all while improving my clients technical skills.