Summer time is officially here in Southern California and one of the best ways to enjoy a nice sunny afternoon (in my opinion) is to find a nice cozy spot with a book. So, what better time to start a book club?!? I spend a lot of my free time reading and am always on the hunt for new books, lately mostly non-fiction, and I would love to invite those who also enjoy reading to read along with me.
Next on the docket is Unplugged: Evolve From Technology to Upgrade your Fitness, Performance & Consciousness by Brian MacKenzie, Dr. Andy Galpin, and Phil White. I’ve heard Dr. Andy Galpin on many podcasts, including his own, and I’m continually impressed with his mindset, knowledge, and approach on many different topics.
The following is a short book description from Dr. Andy Galpin’s website:
Unplugged Provides A Guide To:
– Understand the value and limitations of technology in athletic performance, fitness, health and lifestyle situations
– Know how and when to/not to utilize physical activity technologies in your everyday life
– Avoid the common mistakes most people make with wearables and tracking apps
– Understand what technologies & tests are most effective and which are a waste of money
– End your addiction to fitness technology and start utilizing it as a tool for cueing, learning and sensing instead of a taskmaster that stresses you out
– Improve self-awareness and increase self-reliance
– Re-engage with nature by spending less time indoors and more outside
– Rediscover the value of coaches’ expertise, curation and intuition, which can’t be replaced by technology
– Take back control of your health, fitness and performance with the Athlete Unplugged training protocol
In an age where we are starting to become overrun with technology, this book could provide you with great tools on how to best manage it and use it to your advantage.
Intrigued??? I know I am! Let’s check it out!