Head Coach, Owner
Equipped with a bachelors in Exercise Science, I set out on a quest to discover what fitness really meant and how I could bring it to others. In 2007, I was introduced to CrossFit by a mentor of mine. Since then, I have traveled the world and lived abroad, gaining my CrossFit certifications as a coach and judge and even participating in the Latin American regionals and CrossFit Games in 2012.
Now stateside, along with my amazing wife, Tarrah (an accomplished athlete herself), our two sons, Branson and Nolen, and ‘man’s best friend’, Tugger (our gym dog), we have fulfilled a common goal: To build a space to teach CrossFit fundamentals, create an environment of community fellowship, and practice healthy living and wellness through mind, body & spirit.
- Bachelors in Exercise Science from Sacred Heart University
- Certified CrossFit Level 3 Trainer (CF-L3)
- CrossFit Gymnastics Certified Trainer
- CrossFit Scaling Course
- CrossFit Judges Course (2015, ’16, ’17, ’18, ’19)
- Attended Ben Bergeron’s Affiliate Excellence Seminar 2018
- CPR Certified
- Former Lead Coach and Co-Programmer at Dynamis CrossFit
- Former Head Coach/Programmer at CrossFit Muscle Beach, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
- Former Coach at CrossFit 7 Mile, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
- Resistance Training Seminar with Charles Poliquin
- Freestyle Connection Seminar with Carl Paoli
- Vanquish Performance Enhancement Olympic Lifting Seminar
- Strength and Conditioning Clinic with Jason Gusic (Westside Barbell)
- Trainer/coach, 13 years of various fitness industry experience
- Former Division 1 collegiate football player: Four time letter winner and 2 year starter on Sacred Heart University’s Division 1 FCS football team
- Games Competitor, Team CrossFit 7 Mile, 2012 Latin American Regional Champions
- Games Competitor, Team CrossFit 7 Mile, 2012 CrossFit Games
- Completed the 2010 Alcatraz Challenge Aquathlon (1.5 mi swim/7 mi run)
- Completed over 10 Sprint/Olympic Triathlons
- Current lululemon brand ambassador
Born and raised in the city of Dana Point, I grew up playing a lot of sports including high school basketball and softball. I was given the amazing opportunity to follow my passion and play college softball. When my career ended, I began the search for something to fill the void softball had left. I tried running, hot yoga and body building programs but never could find something I felt comfortable doing or that I REALLY enjoyed; it was all so monotonous! Within that struggle, I began to focus more on my diet, and decided to pursue my love for all things food (shopping, cooking, eating, photographing, writing) by entering into Cal State Long Beach University’s Nutrition and Dietetics program. Soon after, I gave CrossFit a shot and fell in LOVE with the community at CFDP. Everyday the workouts, coaches, and fellow athletes challenge me to improve myself; body, mind and soul. Now, my passion is to walk along the side of others and strengthen them in their journey towards a healthier lifestyle through their workouts and nutrition. My hope is to help others experience the same amount of physical and personal growth through which my own life has been changed.
- CrossFit Level 2 Certified
- CrossFit Level 1 Certified
- CrossFit Scaling Course
- USAW Certified Sports Performance Coach (weightlifting)
- CPR certified
- Degree in Nutrition and Dietetics at Cal State University Long Beach
- Softball Coach at SVCS (2011)
Taylor "TayMo" Morgan
I’m originally from Lodi, California (an hour south of Sacramento), where I started CrossFit my junior year of high school. A teammate on my baseball team was doing it so I decided to give it a shot. The grueling workouts and the supportive community had me hooked. CrossFit and baseball became life.
Once baseball had ended and high school was over, I decided to serve our country and joined the Marine Corps. I am currently serving a three year contract until spring of 2018. CrossFit and the military are a perfect fit, so I continued to practice while I was deployed but I was really looking forward to joining a proper gym when I returned to the states.
I searched my area for gyms and CrossFit Dana Point was an easy choice. After my first visit I knew this was the right place for me. Everyone was so welcoming and supportive. I joined in May of 2016 and have found so much to improve on physically. I soon realized I wanted to share that satisfaction of achieving things we never thought were possible. This is when I knew I had to start coaching CrossFit! I love helping our athletes establish and ultimately crush their goals. It’s an indescribable feeling when someone I coach achieves a new personal record or accomplishes something for the first time.
Outside of CrossFit, I enjoy baseball, surfing, ice skating, scuba diving, hiking, snowboarding, pretty much any outdoor activity
“Don’t wish it was easier, wish you were better.” – Jim Rohn
- United States Marine Corps (2014 – current )
- CrossFit Level 1 trainer
- CrossFit Flexibility Workshop
- CrossFit Judges Course (2017)
- CrossFit Scaling Course
- CrossFit Anatomy Course
- CrossFit Spot the Flaw Course
- 59th Fittest service member in the Southern California 2017 CrossFit Open
- Spartan Race Beast finisher: 39th out of 5,428
Passed the Scout Sniper screener in Okinawa, Japan: 5 days of extremely limited sleep, minimal food, and nonstop running. A test of physical endurance, military tactics, and mental fortitude. Events included: Land Navigation through dense jungle, various swimming exercises, mission planning/execution, hikes of various distances, obstacle course, various physical/mental endurance challenges. I was one of 11 out of 40 Marines who made it to the last day.This was the most challenging thing I have ever accomplished.
- Completed the Recon screener in Okinawa, Japan
- Graduated from Advanced Machine Gun Course
- Finished a 20k hike carrying a .50 caliber machine gun receiver (58lbs) on top of additional gear
- Wod&Done Ambassador: Coupon code (TayMo15)
Director of Hospitality
You’ll most likely meet Tugger before anyone else. At Zak’s prior gym, Tugger was known as one of the coolest and well-behaved dogs by all the members. Both child and adult friendly, Tugger may want to play ball, tug-of-war, or just say hey!