Head Coach, Owner
Equipped with a bachelors in Exercise Science, I set out on a quest to discover what fitness really meant and how I could bring it to others. In 2007, I was introduced to CrossFit by a mentor of mine. Since then, I have traveled the world and lived abroad, gaining my CrossFit certifications as a coach and judge and even participating in the Latin American regionals and CrossFit Games in 2012.
Now stateside, alongside my amazing wife, Tarrah (an accomplished athlete herself), our newborn son, Branson, my brother in business, J.B., and ‘man’s best friend’, Tugger (our gym dog), we have fulfilled a common goal: To build a space to teach CrossFit fundamentals, create an environment of community fellowship, and practice healthy living and wellness through mind, body & spirit.
- Bachelors in Exercise Science from Sacred Heart University
- CrossFit Level 2 Certified Trainer
- CrossFit Level 1 Certified Trainer
- CrossFit Gymnastics Certified Trainer
- CrossFit Scaling Course
- CrossFit Judges Course (2015)
- CPR Certified
- Former Lead Coach and Co-Programmer at Dynamis CrossFit
- Former Head Coach/Programmer at CrossFit Muscle Beach, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
- Former Coach at CrossFit 7 Mile, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
- Freestyle Connection Seminar with Carl Paoli
- Vanquish Performance Enhancement Olympic Lifting Seminar
- Strength and Conditioning Clinic with Jason Gusic (Westside Barbell)
- Trainer/coach, 11 years of various fitness industry experience
- Former Division 1 collegiate football player: Four time letter winner and 2 year starter on Sacred Heart University’s Division 1 FCS football team
- Games Competitor, Team CrossFit 7 Mile, 2012 Latin American Regional Champions
- Games Competitor, Team CrossFit 7 Mile, 2012 CrossFit Games
- Completed the 2010 Alcatraz Challenge Aquathlon (1.5 mi swim/7 mi run)
Gym Manager, Owner
I tried out CrossFit about 3 years ago in Grand Cayman. After years of going to the gym, my workouts had become repetitive. Wanting to try something new, I joined a CrossFit gym and after day one I was hooked. The workouts were exhausting and exhilarating, everything I thought I knew about fitness…gone. Even more, I loved the community. The CrossFit culture opened my eyes to the meaning of team; a group of people who helps each other out, cheers you on and knows your name. The days of swiping my key chain and walking into a gym with head phones were gone – I became a CrossFitter! I am happy to own a CrossFit box to fulfill my passion to help better others. Growing up I was always known as “the chubby cute kid.” With CrossFit, I was able to be a part of a team and achieve goals I never thought possible. I want for others to feel the transformation I did because when that first PR happens, or that first unassisted pull up occurs…it’s priceless!
- Bachelors of Hospitality and Tourism Management from the University of Wisconsin-Stout
- CrossFit Level 1 Certified
Born and raised in the city of Dana Point, I grew up playing a lot of sports including high school basketball and softball. I was given the amazing opportunity to follow my passion and play college softball. When my career ended, I began the search for something to fill the void softball had left. I tried running, hot yoga and body building programs but never could find something I felt comfortable doing or that I REALLY enjoyed; it was all so monotonous! Within that struggle, I began to focus more on my diet, and decided to pursue my love for all things food (shopping, cooking, eating, photographing, writing) by entering into Cal State Long Beach University’s Nutrition and Dietetics program. Soon after, I gave CrossFit a shot and fell in LOVE with the community at CFDP. Everyday the workouts, coaches, and fellow athletes challenge me to improve myself; body, mind and soul. Now, my passion is to walk along the side of others and strengthen them in their journey towards a healthier lifestyle through their workouts and nutrition. My hope is to help others experience the same amount of physical and personal growth through which my own life has been changed.
- CrossFit Level 2 Trainer
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer
- USAW Certified Sports Performance Coach (weightlifting)
- CPR certified
- Degree in Nutrition and Dietetics at Cal State University Long Beach
- Softball Coach at SVCS (2011)
Director of Hospitality
You’ll most likely meet Tugger before anyone else. At Zak’s prior gym, Tugger was known as one of the coolest and well-behaved dogs by all the members. Both child and adult friendly, Tugger may want to play ball, tug-of-war, or just say hey!